Thursday, 23 April 2015

Welcome Everyone to the New 'Aligned' Blog!



Hi All
Welcome to my 'New Chapter' blog which I am trying on for size at the moment (please forgive graphics and maybe hard to read text and background as I play around with what works!).

As I explained in my other blog, a lot of my posting these days are not about interracial relationships (which is the main subject I started out with and will continue to return to) but increasingly I find myself engaged in writing about how black women can get ahead mostly as individuals but also as a group, and so this spin off blog has become necessary to align the blog content with the masthead of the blog. 

With this blog I would like to focus on unique 'Lifehack' solutions for black women in all areas of life, work and simply being.

I am probably the guinea pig here -as I realized recently while reading through my old posts about how to get ahead- I came to the conclusion that I actually needed more of the advice in them than anyone else I know. Over the years I have discovered many areas of deficiency, gaps and weaknesses and I will attempt to bridge these areas and will share my work in progress, philosophies and successes as we go along.

My first advice to kick things off is: Don't settle!

If you are meant to be a bright shiny thing, never settle for anything else. It's one of life's saddest things, to live well below your real potential. I remember one day I was out with a friend and she turned to me and pointed to one other lady who was out of earshot and said, it is so sad, that girl has beautiful eyes and a gorgeous physique but she doesn't look after herself and dress to enhance her looks.

Many of us are like this in many areas, we have the innate ability to be great pianists, code writers, public speakers etc etc, but we never discover these sought after abilities in ourselves nor do we polish them to a high finish if we do per chance notice we possess them. This is a very sad state of affairs for anyone. The world is crying out for innovators and experts in all fields but not just that, you can earn a good living and live above mediocrity if you push yourself to master your abilities. There is a bible verse that says:

Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; He shall not stand before mean men - Proverbs 22:29

In other words become a leader, an expert or the best in your field and you will serve not in obscurity, toiling for crumbs but in places of high esteem.

Indeed, never say its too hard, just take it step by step, day by day, little bite by little bite. Eventually and with the passing of time you will find that what seemed beyond your abilities is part of you taking little effort and exertion on your part,

H

8 comments:

  1. Yay! I enjoyed reading your other blog and I will gladly support this one too. Also, I can relate with not seeing your own potential, I've often felt like that girl. Looking forward to ypur posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Halima, love the new blog title!

    I like the new direction, you've been headed here awhile. Onward and upward!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Halima dear! I have found your brand new blog and I like it a lot :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Halima dear! I have found your brand new blog and I like it a lot :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Excited, looking forward to your post you've always provided great content.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Halima found your new blog and I love your direction! Mine is along the same lines!! missed you....

    http://blackwomansguidetolovemoneyandsuccess.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see your new blog Halima!! Much success to you and looking forward to reading more from you in the New Year 2017!!!

    ReplyDelete